I thought it might be fun to try a holiday readathon! TisTheSeasonAThon is somewhat focused on Christmas but my TBR includes other holiday stories too. As with each of my other attempts at readathons, I am adding a selection for each challenge, as it helps me to have choices.
Red or Green Cover (Christmas books)
- Noelle the First by Nicole Falls (m/f contemp romance) I read this on 12/9!
- Snow Globe by Georgia Beers (f/f contemp romance)
- Holiday Hearts by A.C. Arthur (m/f contemp romance)
Wish List by K.A. Mitchell (contemp m/m romance)I DNF’d this one for consent issues.
Blue or White Cover–I added this! (Chanukah books)
- Dreaming of Chanukah by Joanne Dannon (m/f contemp romance duology)
Festival of Nights by Cara North (m/f contemp romance)I DNF’d this one. Moment of Silence by Karen Stivali (m/m contemp romance)I read this on 12/5. This book was deeply disappointing and not really a Chanukah romance; I do not recommend it, esp do not recommend it for queer readers.
- Burning Bright: Four Chanukah Love Stories (m/f contemp romance collection)
- Carolyn for Christmas by Lucy Carey (contemp f/f Christmas romance)
- Dance All Night by Alexis Daria (m/f contemp New Years romance) I read this one on 12/5 & loved it!
- The Trouble With Elves by Therese Woodson (contemp m/m Christmas romance)
- Make a Circle by Elliott Joyce (contemp m/m Yule romance)
Warm and Fuzzy
- Christmas Lane by Amy Aislin (contemp m/m Christmas romance) I read this one on 12/3!
Lit Up by Devyn Morgan (contemp m/m Chanukah romance)I DNF’d this one for anti-semitic fetishization.
- A Wedding One Christmas by Therese Beharrie (contemp m/f Christmas romance)
Stand alone shorts
Frosty Relations by Tara Quan (paranormal m/f Winter Solstice romance)I DNF’d this one because it started off with a Hitler joke. Vintage Toys for Lucky Boys by G.R. Richards (contemp m/m Christmas romance with a trans man MC)I DNF’d this one for racism. Evergreen by Racheline Maltese and Erin MccRae (contemp polyamorous Christmas romance)(I should not have included this because it’s not out til 12/11!)
- The Coyote’s Comfort by Holley Trent (paranormal f/f Christmas romance) I read this on 12/9 and loved it so much!
Anthologies of short stories:
- Seduced Under the Mistletoe (historical romance Christmas anthology)
- Jingle Balls ed by Cecilia Tan (Christmas erotica anthology)
- Worst Holiday Ever (contemp holiday drama romance anthology)
- Make My Wish Come True (contemp Christmas #romanceclass anthology)
Holiday Themed Books (Not Christmas or Chanukah)
- Guess Who’s Coming to Karamu by Cy Bianca (contemp m/m Kwanzaa romance) I read this on 12/9!
- A Midnight Kiss by Emma Barry and Genevieve Turner (historical m/f New Year’s romance)
- Twenty Nine Hours Til Eternity by Elizabeth Noble (contemp m/m Saturnalia romance)
- Tempt Me at Midnight by Maureen Smith (contemp m/f New Year’s romance)