This is a bingo created by the Los Angeles romance bookstore, The Ripped Bodice!
It runs from June 1-August 31. For each row you complete, you can enter to win prizes! I thought it would be good to try this kinyd of reading challenge along with the MarvelAThon so I would get more information about how reading challenges work for me.
Here is my TBR for this challenge! All romances, of course. As I did with #MarvelAThon, I am selecting 4 potential options for each square because options help me, as my reading capacities are shaped by so many factors outside my control.
I list pairings and bi, pan, ace spec and trans identities where I know them. Books by authors of color are starred*. (Please let me know if this information is inaccurate.)
- Off Pitch by Brianna Kienitz (f/f contemp)
- The Player by Claire Contreras (m/f contemp)*
- Beautiful Game by Kate Christie (f/f contemp)
- Well Played by Katrina Ramos Atienza (m/f contemp)*
Fairy Tale Retelling (All Beauty and the Beast retellings)
- Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh (m/f)* (I finished this book 6/14!)
- Briarley by Aster Glenn Gray (m/f)
- Beast by Jamie Sullivan (m/m)
- Bollywood and the Beast by Suleikha Snyder (m/f)*
- What Kind of Day by Mina V Esguerra (m/f contemp)* (I finished this book 6/6!)
- Daniel’s Dare by Sasha Devlin (m/f contemp)*
- Squared Away by Annabeth Albert (A) (m/m contemp, ace spec lead)
- Ascension by Jacqueline Koyanagi (f/f/f polyam space opera)*
- Playing with Fire by Kate Meader (m/f contemp)
- For Better or Worse by R Cooper (m/m contemp, ace spec lead)
- Melting Snow by Leora Gonzales (m/f contemp)* (I finished this book 6/15!)
- Stake Sauce by RoAnna Sylver (m/m PNR with trans ace spec lead)
YA Paranormal Romance
- Ash by Malinda Lo (/f/f)*
- Seven Tears at High Tide by CB Lee (m/m)*
- Cinder Ella by S.T. Lynn (f/f with trans lead)
- When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore (m/f with trans man lead)*
To Tame a Wicked Widow by Nicola Davidson (m/f historical)
- Under the Sugar Sun by Jennifer Hallock (m/f historical)*
- The Covert Captain by Jeannelle M. Ferreira (f/f historical)
- Turning Point by Amy Paine (f/f historical)
- This Much Space by KK Hendin (m/f contemp NA) She designs her own clothes!
- Fly with Me by Chanel Cleeton (m/f contemp)* She runs a boutique!
- The Summer of Jordi Perez by Amy Spalding (f/f contemp YA) She is fashion-obsessed and has a fashion internship!
- A San Diego Romance by Kianna Alexander (m/f contemp)* She runs a boutique!
Set at Summer Camp
- In Her Court by Tamsen Parker (f/f contemp) MCs work at a tennis camp.
- On a Summer Night by Gabriel Vidrine (m/m YA contemp with trans lead) Teens at summer camp.
- Luck of the Draw by Kate Clayborn (m/f contemp) MCs work at a summer camp.
- Running With Lions by Julian Winters (m/m YA contemp)* Teens at soccer camp.
Enemies to Lovers
- Savannah’s Secrets by Reese Ryan (m/f contemp)*
- A&B by JC Lillis (f/f YA contemp)
- Autumn by Cole McCade (m/m contemp)*
- All’s Fair in Blog and War by Chrissie Peria (m/f contemp NA)*
Heroine’s Eyes are Described Using the Ocean
- Changing Tides by Sarah Darlington (m/f contemp with bi heroine) (I DNF’d this one)
- Stay by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy (m/f contemp)
- Captivated by Nora Roberts (m/f contemp fantasy)
- Damaged Goods by Talia Hibbert (m/f contemp)*
- Moon-Bright Tides by RoAnna Sylver (f/f PNR) Sea witch/mermaid.
- Your Heart Will Grow by Chace Verity. (m/f PNR with a pan heroine and a trans hero) Human guard/mermaid prisoner.
- Like Water by Rebecca Podos (f/enby YA contemp)* Works as a mermaid in a water park.
- Sea Lover by JK Pendragon (m/m PNR with trans lead) Fisherman falls for merman.
- An Offering of Plums by J. Emery (m/enby PNR) Location: the Guardian Hill where demons get summoned
- Witch, Cat and Cobb by JK Pendragon (f/f PNR with trans lead) Location: the lair of the Swamp Witch
- Rainbow Islands by Devin Harnois (m/f PNR with trans boy lead) Location: a queer flying island built by asexual people
- Over and Over Again by Cole McCade (m/m contemp)* Location: a North Yorkshire goat farm (I finished this book 6/29!)
Queer & Historical
- Hamilton’s Battalion (m/m by Courtney Milan and f/f by Alyssa Cole)*
- Unmasked by the Marquess by Cat Sebastian (m/enby) (I finished this book 6/8! Review.)
- The Doctor’s Discretion by EE Ottoman (m/m with trans man lead)
- Untamed by Anna Cowan (m/f with bi lead)
MC Named Harry
- Sink or Swim by Stephanie Rabig (multiple pairings, fantasy)
- A Fashionable Indulgence by KJ Charles (m/m historical)
- Cherish Me by Farrah Rochon (m/f contemp)*
- His Captive Lady by Anne Gracie (m/f historical)
Book That Is Now a Movie
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (m/f YA contemp)*
- Mr. Benson by John Preston (A) (m/m contemp)
- Christmas at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas (m/f fantasy)
- Tribute by Nora Roberts (m/f romsusp)
- Agnes Moor’s Wild Knight by Alyssa Cole (m/f historical)*
- Brothers of the Wild North Sea by Harper Fox (m/m historical)
- Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning (m/f SFF)
- The Lion and the Crow by Eli Easton (m/m historical)
Hero Smells Like “MAN”
- Inside Darkness by Hudson Lin (m/m romsusp)*
- Vintage Toys for Lucky Boys & Junk by GR Richards (m/m contemp with trans lead)
- Rock Redemption by Nalini Singh (m/f contemp)*
- Carried Away by David Stein (m/m contemp)
- In Memoriam by ‘Nathan Burgoine (m/m)
- The Duke and the Domina by Jenn LeBlanc (m/f)
- Must Love Breeches by Angela Quarles (m/f)
- Highland Song by L.B. Keen (m/f)
Tech in the Big City
- Trade Me by Courtney Milan (m/f contemp NA)*
- Connection Error by Annabeth Albert (A) (m/m contemp)
- Wrapped by Rebekah Weatherspoon (m/f contemp)*
- Single Player by Elia Winters (m/m contemp)
Heroine is Older than the Hero
Play of Passion by Nalini Singh (m/f PNR)*
- Burn Down the Night by M O’Keefe (m/f contemp with bi heroine)
- Falling for Him by Alisha Rai (m/f contemp)*
- The Coincidence of Coconut Cake by Amy Reichart (m/f contemp)
Baby on the Cover
- The Spy Who Saved Christmas by Dana Marton (m/f romsusp)
- She’s My Baby by Adrianne Byrd (m/f contemp)*
- Her Rich Hollywood Producer by Tasha Hendrix (m/f contemp)*
- The Bride’s Matchmaking Triplets by Regina Scott (m/f historical)
Birds are Somehow Involved
- The Swan by Piper Hughley (m/f historical)* Bird in title, bird on cover.
- Magpie by Kim Dare (m/m PNR) Bird shifter MCs.
- One in Waiting by Holley Trent (m/m/f contemp)* Two of the MCs belong to the Reedville Roosters baseball team.
- A Little Familiar by R Cooper (m/enby PNR) Bird on cover, bird familiar in story.
Return to Hometown
- A Season for Wishes by Lydia San Andres (m/f historical)* (I finished this book 6/5!)
- Second Chance by Jay Northcote (m/m contemp with trans man lead)
- His Quiet Agent by Ada Maria Soto (m/m contemp with ace spec leads)*
- Invitation to the Blues by Roan Parrish (m/m contemp)