This post lists my favorite Valentine’s Day-themed romances I read in 2018. It definitely shows my bias towards contemporary romance.
I link to reviews where I have written them; and also where I have only posted trigger warnings, so you can easily find those.
I’m listing rep at the end of my descriptions. If you spot something incorrect, please do feel free to let me know. Also, I am not intending to out anyone; I get author info from the web and the book bio. If an author would like me to remove any info listed, please do let me know. I want to note that I use the word fat as a neutral descriptor when listing rep, and use the word queer when a character or author identify that way or when I am unclear about their identity but know they fall under the LGBTQIA+ umbrella.
For folks looking for romance with no on-the-page sex, I am putting three asterisks*** at the end of the description.
- Be Mine by Lina Langley: A fluffy fun rather angsty m/m NA friends to lovers romance short, complete with lots of pining. (Rep: Black gay MC. Gay love interest. Queer Latinx enby author.)
- My Reckless Valentine by Olivia Dade. I enjoyed this funny, sexy fun romp of a meet-cute m/f romance. It’s wonderfully tropetastic with a bit of instalove at the center. (Rep: Fat MC. Fat author.)
- Letters from Cupid by Ari McKay. I enjoyed this cute, light, fluffy m/m epistolary romance between English professors, with a secret admirer plotline. One even recites poetry to the other!
- In Her Wildest Dreams by Farrah Rochon. I really enjoyed this m/f friends to lovers romance. Sexy, fun, a little bit of angst, a whole lot of chocolate (hero runs a high end chocolate shop), and just the right amount of sweetness. (Rep: Black MCs. Black author.)
- An Offering to St Valentine by Nicole Field. This free polyamorous romance story centers a pagan queer man, his queer man partner, and his new non-binary partner working out a way to celebrate Valentines Day in a way that suits each of their needs. (Rep: Polyamorous pagan queer man MC. Polyamorous queer non-binary MC. Polyamorous queer man MC. Polyamorous queer multigender author.)***
- The Mountain Lion’s Valentine by Lola Kidd. Adorable, fun, sweet Valentine’s Day themed shifter romance, complete with mail order bride trope and insta-mating. (Rep: Fat Black woman MC. Woman of color author.)
- Chill Out by Jana Richards. Super tropey short m/f romance with a category feel. Snowed in, complete with huge dog, troubled past, and close to insta-love.